The Moorestown Charity Bowl is an annual one-day charity flag football tournament for all ages. It is planned by a core group of committee members as well as dozens of volunteers on game day working as; referees, registration, concession stand, division coordinator, DJ, etc.
The event serves multiple purposes:
- All proceeds (100%) go to 3 non-profits that work with underserved children in Burlington and Camden Counties. The recipients are the Boys & Girls Club of Camden County, Moorestown Parks & Rec Scholarship Fund (for children who require financial assistance) and The Children of MEND (Moorestown Economical Neighborhood Development). Over the past 12 years, we have raised over $ 160,000 as part of this fun football fundraiser.
- The donations enable disadvantaged Camden and Burlington County youth to participate in Boys & Girls Club Programs and Moorestown Parks & Rec programming.
- This is a community event for local families to come together over Thanksgiving weekend for football fun, while supporting some very worthy organizations. We have over 450 participants and attract many spectators too.
- An opportunity for our children to get involved in community service and volunteer for the many services needed to run the event.
- Children from the Boys & Girls Club of Camden and MEND will be a part of the event day by participating on teams.
This great community event has grown over the last 14 years, and runs like a finely tuned machine. Teams are co-ed and consist of five to ten people, adult teams must include one woman. There are six different divisions that encompass third grade to adults. What a great way to burn off extra Thanksgiving calories!
For 2021, The Moorestown Charity Bowl hopes to raise $18,000 plus in donations. The event will be held the day after Thanksgiving, November 26, 2021. And with your monetary assistance, we anticipate another amazingly successful day filled with fun and excitement!
The Moorestown Charity Bowl Team
Ted and Debbie Flick, Cynthia Roberts, Rob McCandeles, Paul Grossman