Join the Moorestown Parks and Recreation Department for the 2023 Summer Concert Series. Children's entertainment will take place at 6:30 p.m. followed by the main stage entertainment at 7:15 p.m.
The following summer concerts will be held at Perkins Center for the Arts:
- June 5
- Children’s Entertainment: Childrens show with Beverly Pugh Corry
- Main Stage: “All Tuned Up” with George Bittner (Perkins Staff Musicians)
- June 12th
- Children’s Entertainment: Children’s Show with Beverly Pugh Corry
- Main Stage: All Tuned Up - “Vinyl Comes Alive” with Mike Wesner (Perkins Staff Musicians)
The following summer concerts will be held on the front lawn of the Community House:
- June 19
- Children’s Entertainment: Children's Librarian, Jen Dunne, and her colleague, Ashley Hoffman for storytelling
- Main Stage: MoorArts presents Kyrus Keenan Westcott.
- Children’s Entertainment: Wagstaff & Co. (Ventriloquist)
- Main Stage: Opus Soul is an eclectic mix of blues, funk, jazz, and rock. the group covers everything from modern renditions of early R&B and Blues classics to John Coltrane, Eric Clapton, Little Feat, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits and Bob Marley. This mixed with the bands soulful originals makes for a truly entertaining musical experience.
Children’s Entertainment: Jim Gavin - Key to Awesome Music
Main Stage: Wind Symphony of Southern New Jersey is a dynamic woodwind, brass, and percussion ensemble that has been entertaining audiences in NJ and PA for more than 50 years. Its 42 members come from NJ, PA, and DE and more than half of them are music teachers. The Wind Symphony’s repertoire includes a diverse range of styles—from classical wind band compositions to music from Broadway, jazz, and pop idioms. The Wind Symphony's July 17th performance at the Community House will include Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, a medley of Carol King hits, and selections from West Side Story, as well as music by George Gershwin and John Philip Sousa. The Wind Symphony is under the direction of Dr. Robert Streckfuss, Emeritus Professor of Music at the University of Delaware.
Children’s Entertainment: Magician Brian Richards/Children's Theater
Main Stage: Abe Speller & Sundad. The World Fusion group Abe Speller & Sundad is John Eurell Sr. and John Eurell Jr. on acoustic guitars, Abe Speller on percussion, and Kendell Buchanan on bass. This group is making their name as an acoustic band whose compositions, recordings, and live performances are filled with beautiful rhythms and harmonies. The Bands two CD’s Journey to Eternity and the Journey Continues are both first round Grammy nominations. Like all good World Fusion music one may catch a taste of direct influences, e.g. Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Spanish and African, representing a true hybrid of assorted musical flavors.