Follow the Moorestown Police:
The Police Department is utilizing these products to provide prompt notification to residents of emergent crime and weather incidents as well as important community events...let your neighbors know!
Residents are urged to review and consider instituting the following burglary prevention tips. Our Crime Prevention Officers are available to meet with you and your neighbors to discuss these suggestions and other concerns you may have.
- Make your home look occupied, and make it difficult to break in.
- Lock all outside doors and windows before you leave the house or go to bed. Even if it is for a short time, lock your doors.
- Leave lights on when you go out. If you are going to be away for a length of time, connect some lamps to automatic timers to turn them on in the evening and off during the day.
- Keep your garage door closed and locked.
- Do not allow daily deliveries of mail, newspapers or flyers to build up while you are away. Arrange with the Post Officer to hold your mail, or arrange for a friend/neighbor to take them regularly.
- Arrange for your lawn to be mowed if you are going away for an extended time.
- Check your locks on doors and windows and replace them with secure devices as necessary.
- Push button locks on door knobs are easy for burglars to open. Install deadbolt locks on all of your outside doors.
- Sliding glass doors are vulnerable. Special locks are available for better security.
- Other windows may need better locks. Check with a locksmith or hardware store for alternatives. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>